top of page

How can I bring my fiance to the  USA?

Eligibilty Requirements for a K1 Fiance Visa


1. You must intend to marry in the US within 90 days of his/her arrival into the USA.


2. One spouse must currently be a US citizen; a permanent resident is not eligible to bring a fiance to the US on a K-1 fiance(e) visa.


3. You must have met your fiancé in person within the last two years and have documentation/evidence to support that you and your fiancé met within the last two years. Some evidence may include

  • Photos

  • Affidavits from friends and family

  • Plane tickets

  • Hotel receipts etc.


There is an exception to this 2 year meeting rule and that is only where the customs of one or both of the parties do not allow personal meetings prior to marriage. Documentation and evidence of these customs/practices of these customs or practices must be provided


4. You must be legally able to marry:

  • Meaning, if you have been married before that you are legally divorced, you are of legal age etc.


For a free consultation of your case please contact a Lowell Fiancé Visa Attorney online now or call 978-566-1075.

bottom of page