top of page

What Information is needed for me to Apply for US Citizenship?


When you are ready to become an American Citizen, you will need to have the following information and items:


1. US Green Card (You must have had your green card for either 5 years if it was not marriage based to a US Citizen or 3 years if you received your green card based on a marriage to a U.S. Citizen)


2. Two (2) photos 2 x 2 (inches) white background –  Passport Style photos with no hats, no head coverings or glasses

3. A copy of your Social Security Card


4. A list of every address you lived in the last 5 years and be able to provide the date(s) you started living at each place and the date(s) you left.


5. Please put together a list of every job you had over the past 5 years along with a list of any schooling you had for the past five years


6. Please put together a list of every trip you took outside the USA in the last 5 years, beginning with your most recent one.

  • Count the days outside the United States. List the exact date you left, countries you visited and the exact date you returned. 


7. How many times were you have been married if you were previously married and divorced either in the United States or abroad?


8. If you are currently married please gather the following information on him/her.


  • If applicable provide your spouse’s Alien Number from green card

  • If your spouse is a Naturalized US Citizen, please gather a copyo fthe certificate.

  • If your spouse was born in the USA, no documents additional documents needed.

  • Provide your spouse’s Social Security number

  • Provide a copy of your current marriage certificate

  • (If applicable) If you were married prior to you current marriage you will need to provide certified copies of the divorce judgments. (We can help you obtain them if needed)


9. Children- If you have any children, even if they are no longer living, or if they do not live with your or in the United States of America, you will need to provide their Alien Numbers if applicable and their current addresses whether in the United States of in another country.


Any document that is not in English will need to be translated into English by a certified translator.

Additionally you may be required to attached other documents (if you have ever been arrested, cited by the police, divorced, widowed etc) depending on your case and you should work with a Lowell Immigration Lawyer to make sure you do not run into any immigration problems.


Additionally, men between the ages of 18-26  must register with the selective service. If you did not register, you should contact a Lowell Immigration attorney before you file your N-400.


Contact a Lowell Citizenship lawyer. We handle Citizenship cases on a flat fee basis and the fee ranges from $400-$600 depending on the complexity. Call a Lowell Citizenship Attorney 978-566-1075.





bottom of page